Astrology and Astronomy Graphic Ephemeris Star Wheel - new 2021 version available at astrographical.com
Star Ephemeris Sample
Preview years 2018 and 2019 on You Tube (low resolution) ... then download the free and high quality SWF program for desktop & laptop computers.
Star Ephemeris Download
The Complete Flash program covers the years 2000 to 2019; with it's interactive functions, all days and details are readable with your PC or Mac.
About the Star Wheel
The Graphic Ephemeris displays Transits, the monthly movement of the sun, moon and planets through the Zodiac, plotted onto a polar coordinate graph using recent NASA JPL data. As with a text Ephemeris, daily planet positions in the Star Wheel are given in geocentric Longitude Degrees & Minutes along the Ecliptic for midnight GMT of each day.
Download, Disclaimer & User InfoBy selecting download here, which will open the download dialogue for the Ephemeris software program files, you agree to use the free software "as is" without warranty expressed or implied and to hold the owner of coolmaxhot.com harmless of any damages that may result from it's use. The software is safe to use.
If the program will not open, generally this is the result of user error or an operating system that does not support the software, such as Android or iOS.
Please scan the downloaded files, prior to use, with an anti-virus program. Do not share the download links, software program or post the files online. Linking to coolmaxhot.com is encouraged, with a text link or an image link of the Ephemeris, but do not link the image to any other URL.
The Ephemeris is copyrighted, the download files are for your personal offline use only and are not authorized for resale, online display or marketing purposes. You may make one backup copy for yourself on external media. Do not to attempt to access or re-write the software's code.
History & The Graphic Ephemeris Star Wheel
Astrology and Astronomy were once the same discipline - Astrologia, in ancient Latin. The Graphic Ephemeris shows the relationship between the two today.
The Star Wheel has both an inner and an outer "spectrum defined circle ring" each representing the Zodiac.
The inner circle is Astrology, mysticism. The outer (fainter) circle is Astronomy, science. Throughout the year, the sun, moon and planets, wind their way - identically - through both Zodiacs. The Star Wheel is an oxymoron, merging magic and reason.
Tropical and Sidereal Astrology are also represented here. Sidereal Astrology aligns closely with the outer Zodiac circle and precisely with the stars.
Tropical Astrology uses the inner Zodiac circle, retaining the constellation names, but not aligning with the stars. This is intentional, Western or Tropical Astrology - the sun sign horoscopes most people are familiar with - connects the seasons to prognostication, rather than the actual position of the stars.
The two zodiacs were once exactly aligned, but due to the Precession of the Equinoxes, they differ by about 24 degrees in the twenty-first century. They continue to drift apart counterclockwise, about one degree every 72 years.
Precession creates the great astrological Ages; currently moving from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius. In Astronomy, Precession determines the First Point of Aries – which is also the beginning of the Tropical Astrology Zodiac.
The Graphic Ephemeris presents the night sky as an analog timepiece, akin to the Antikythera Mechanism - the ruins of an ancient astronomical clock recovered from a two thousand year old sunken ship wreck.
The relic is presumed to have been constructed by the early Greeks who, unlike people of the modern era, did not distinguish between Astronomy and Astrology.
A complex arrangement of clockwork-like gears controlled the mechanism, as current day reconstructions of the device demonstrate. The Star Wheel, on the other hand, utilizes a database of coordinates driven by equations, to achieve a similar planetary cyclic rotation.
Symbols and Controls
• Stop pauses on any day or the current epoch.
• || pauses the planets' twinkle for printing: Stop on any day, print, then restart by selecting another control.
• DAY, WEEK, MTH (month) & QTR (quarter) advance (+) or go back (-) 1, 7, 30 or 90 days respectively, within the same year.
• YEAR increments forward to next year or back to the previous year or a five year jump.
• ASPECTS Graphic Display of major & minor aspects, advance (+) or go back (-) 0.1, 1, 5 or 30 degrees. And an aspect brightness control; select the orange or green arrow to reset the percentage level, in 10% increments, from 10% to 100%.
• STAR CONTROL Tropical and Sidereal Zodiac comparisons, stars on or off, six settings: TS - Tropical zodiac, Sidereal stars TT - Tropical zodiac, "Tropical" stars are symbolic only Tz - Tropical zodiac, no stars SS - Sidereal zodiac, Sidereal stars ST - Sidereal zodiac & stars, Tropical orbit zodiac Sz - Sidereal zodiac, no stars
• COLORS Chart & Backdrop Chart color (use while program is playing); two options (black & white target icons) Backdrop hue; six options.
• SPEED slows the planets rotation animation; (1x) in 1/4 second increments and (4x) in 1 second increments. Select the green (0) to return to "normal speed". This SPEED control must be reset to (0) before using the other controls.
• NOW buttons advance the chart to the epoch's current date and year.
• AYANAMSA buttons "fine tune" the offset between the Tropical and Sidereal Zodiacs, also referred to as the Synetic Vernal Point (S.V.P.).